Beauty: Visa Lux highlighter review

Beauty: Visa Lux highlighter review

I've been on a roll reviewing highlighters lately, or at least I feel like I am! Today I'm talking about a new indie brand line of highlighters, produced and sold by a girl I met in one of my favourite Facebook groups: Beauty Squad. Beauty Squad is this place where Dutch speaking makeup lovers unite to fangirl about pretty products and each other's faces, and share info on sales and coupons etcetera. Of course there's some drama once in a while, but most of the time I love how positive, girly and supportive the group is, and I love seeing other women explore their passion for makeup. 

Paressa took the plunge to start Visa Lux cosmetics, manufacturing her own highlighters (she mixes the pigments and presses the powders herself!), and she contacted a couple of bloggers in the Beauty Squad group to test her goods and provide her with some nice pics. Let's take a look at Strawberry Milkshake!

Paressa offered to send me a mini of the highlighter I liked best out of her starter line of four highlighters, and obviously I had to go with the frosty pink one. She also has Aztec Gold, Ice Queen and Rich People's tears, which are gold, silvery white and warm bronze, in that order.

Beauty: Visa Lux highlighter review

Strawberry Milkshake reads more as a neutral silver on my skin tone than as a pink, but that might be different for lighter skin tones. Either way, the consistency of the product feels amazing for being manufactured by an "amateur": you barely need any product to get a gorgeous frosty highlight, it goes on smoothly, there is no perceptible glitter and the highlight remains very noticeable until I take my makeup off at night. Literally no complaints (except maybe hoping it would be more pink, but that's not a fault of the highlighter).

Beauty: Visa Lux highlighter review

Strawberry Milkshake is very flattering and natural on me, and I've noticed that it does have a very slight pink duochrome effect to it when I look in the mirror in direct light, but it's impossible to photograph. You'll just have to take my word for it. The pink tinge makes this a sweeter, softer highlight than the more silvery/cool frosty products out there. If you want a heavier effect, Strawberry Milkshake is buildable.

Beauty: Visa Lux highlighter review

And once again, an underexposed shot to fully demonstrate the glow that it gives. I used it along my cheekbones and very lightly at the tip of my nose. I'm not a fan of the full on highlighted nose look.

I think this highlighter is best for people who want a sweet, soft highlight that still catches the eye, but in a natural way. I mean, you can imagine the two pics above just being of someone with amazingly good/natural glowy skin instead of someone who has loaded up the highlighter. Very wearable for people who don't want the full face of makeup look.

The pans are all magnetic and fit into your Z palette (or other type palette). This is a huge pro for me because I love putting together my own palettes for daily use or travel, and bulky containers just clutter up my space.

For a 44mm pan, you pay €9.95 which in my opinion is a very fair price for a good quality indie highlighter. Or you can get the four original highlighters in 26mm pans (like the tiny one I have) as a bundle for €20. Either way, I can absolutely recommend the quality here.

If you have any questions: shoot!

No comments